Photo Credit: Gold top 10 winner, by Sam Churchill, Flickr
It is always fascinating to see which posts drew the most attention from the previous year. Not only is this simply interesting data to see, but it also is extremely helpful in receiving feedback on what you and other readers of this blog find valuable and interesting. Providing valuable and meaningful resources is what motivates me in this journey.
In this brief post I’d like to engage two areas:
- First, I’d like to share a few thoughts about what’s ahead for this blog in 2016.
- Second, I’d like to share some broad observations about the Top 10 Posts from 2015 before sharing them with commentary in the coming weeks.
Looking Ahead to Blogging in 2016
As I launch into another year of blogging, I have several thoughts that stand out.
First, blogging takes effort! I have a new respect for other bloggers and the work they put into their reflections. Blogs like this don’t just happen. They take time, energy, and thought. It is work, but I count it a labor of love.
Second, the effort is worth it for me because of three convergent reasons:
- I enjoy the process of learning and writing so these reflections, though work, represent enjoyable work for me.
- Blogging helps to keep me fresh in thinking through important topics related to leadership and life. Rather than simply relying on previous study and reflection, this blog is helping me to keep my reading and reflection in the area of leadership fresh.
- I find great joy with something I enjoy doing that also provides value for others. It is encouraging to hear how many of the blog posts this past year have been helpful for those who care deeply about engaging their work and leadership with purpose and meaning.
Finally, now that I’ve had over a year of weekly posts, I think I’m ready to start moving to two posts a week on this platform. Part of this arises out of wanting to both create new content as well as highlight themes from last year’s top posts. I now have topics for posts mapped out through early spring, and will likely settle into a pattern of sharing one new post each week and then utilizing a second post to engage past themes and/or seasonal topics.
Looking Back on Blogging in 2015
As I look back on the top posts from 2015, there are some interesting observations to highlight.
First, Drawing from the top 10 most viewed posts in 2015, five of these posts were published in 2015 and five were published in 2014. In other words, not only were new posts of interest to readers, but previous posts from 2014 continued to receive engagement.
Second, of the five posts published in 2014, three of these were also the top three posts read in 2014. The interest in these posts in 2014 continued into 2015.
Finally, the posts covered a wide variety of topics. Here is an example of the wide range of topics covered in the top posts from 2015:
- Strategy (two posts on this theme)
- Servant leadership
- Vocational Discernment
- Marriage Lessons
- A Tribute to a Life Well-Lived
Sharing these Top Posts
Though I plan to mix new posts with reflections on these top posts from 2015, I intend to share these top posts that received significant engagement in the past year. I hope both the new posts in 2016 and the top posts from 2015 will continue to empower and equip you as a reader with valuable lessons from life and engaged with purpose.
Thanks for your part in this journey!