In a previous post I shared some observations on my top blogs posts from 2015. In the coming weeks I will be taking time both to share new content and to share some of the top viewed posts from the past year.
The #8 post from 2015 was …
17 Lessons from 17 Years of Marriage
In 2015, Tasha and I celebrated 17 years of marriage.
Comparing 17 years to the 72 years of marriage my grandpa and grandma enjoyed seems small. But 17 years is no small thing to us; these are 17 wonderful years to be celebrated!
As we celebrated our anniversary, Tasha I decided to pull together our 17 Lessons from 17 Years of Marriage. Here are a few of the lessons from first 17 years:
- Prioritize Time Together
- Keep Short Accounts
- Laugh Often
- Learn and Speak One Another’s Love Language
- Appreciate, Don’t Expect
- Celebrate One Another, Including the Differences
- The Kids Are #2
- Ride the Waves like a Pro in the Ups and Downs of Life
- Keep the Friendship, and the Romance, Alive
- Give Tech a Timeout
- The Grass is Greenest Here
- Enjoy the Mountaintops and the Mundane
- Dream and Grow Together
- Change Yourself, Not Each Other
- Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff
- Listen and Learn
- Stay Connected to the Vine
While some of these are self-explanatory, in this top post from 2015, along with the associated posts in the series, I unpack Tasha and my thinking on these lessons for marriage.
Here’s a link to the Purpose in Leadership #8 post from 2015:
One thought on “#8 … Top Posts from 2015 — 17 Lessons from 17 Years of Marriage”
Great! I printed out the list and will refer to it often. Great pointers, Justin.